Express news service

KOCHI: Martin Joseph, who was arrested following a multi-day prosecution over a complaint he raped and tortured a 27-year-old fashion designer from Kannur after detaining her in a luxury apartment in Kochi for nearly a month, has yet to confess to the crime, police said.

According to a police source, Martin, who was apprehended Thursday in a hiding place in Thrissur, was unwilling to accept all the allegations made against him by the 27-year-old.

“The main allegation raised by the victim against him is that he allegedly raped, assaulted and locked her in the apartment for almost a month. When we questioned him, he denied locking her up for so long. He also denied forcing her to drink urine. He also said he was not responsible for the bruises on his body, ”the source said.

It is learned that Martin also challenged the police to check CCTV footage from the Purva Grand Bay complex at Marine Drive where he was staying in an 11th-floor apartment. “He asked the police to check the CCTV footage of the complex to find out what really happened. He did not accept all the allegations made against him, ”police said.

Police took Martin to the apartment on Friday to collect evidence, which lasted nearly an hour. The police also filed a request for custody in court. “We need to collect more evidence to strengthen the case. It will take more than 10 days to complete the proceedings as an additional complaint has been filed against him, ”the source said.

“He didn’t just do stock trading, he also had other business connections. Interestingly, several people had injected the money and he was using it to lend at exorbitant interest rates. Since Martin and a friend of his were involved in a Narcotics and Psychotropic Substances Act case, we suspect they have links to the drug mafia, ”police said.

The Kerala High Court on Friday rejected the early bail of Martin Joseph of Thrissur, accused of assaulting and raping a woman in an apartment at Marine Drive here. When the petition was brought to the hearing, lead lawyer P Vijayabhanu, the petitioner’s lawyer, said that the police action was an insult to the court, as the case is pending in court and it is unfortunate. Then the court replied that there was nothing wrong with arresting the accused when there was no interim order.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.