Help is being requested for a family who was displaced by a house fire in Brady Lake, Franklin Township on Sunday afternoon.

After:A guest room in Palmyre destroyed by an early morning fire

A GoFundMe page on https://www.gofundme.com/f/2em14zcyq0? was set up for a couple and their three children, aged 12, 4 and 18 months. As of Wednesday afternoon, $ 890 of a goal of $ 5,000 had been raised.

Non-monetary donations can be dropped off at Lake Brady United Methodist Church at 1995 Brady Lake Road weekdays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. 4, men’s and women’s clothing and shoes, including men’s size 10 and 11, women size 9, and boys 9 and 4.

Lt. Patrick Edwards of Kent Fire said on Wednesday the fire department was told residents of the house had family to stay with, but someone then contacted the American Red Cross for assistance. ‘help.

Edwards said the fire at 6535 Park Avenue was reported at 12:01 a.m. Sunday and is still under investigation.

“Looks like it’s an electrical problem, but it started in the kitchen and spread a bit in the dining room and living room, but not significantly,” he said. declared.

An adult resident was taken to UH Portage Medical Center for smoke inhalation, but was “in good shape,” Edwards said. No other injuries were reported.

After:Ravenna house rescue rescue seen on police body camera footage

Edwards said his “estimate” is that the damages ranged from $ 30,000 to $ 40,000. The house is repairable, but currently not habitable, he said.

“The kitchen was destroyed and then there was a lot of smoke and water damage,” Edwards said.

Firefighters were on site for about two hours, Edwards said. The Mantua-Shalersville, Ravenna City, Ravenna Township, Stow and Streetsboro Fire Departments helped each other out, with the Tallmadge Fire Department dispatching an ambulance that took the resident to hospital.

Journalist Jeff Saunders can be contacted at [email protected]



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.