WASHINGTON HEIGHTS, NY – Upper Manhattan basketball fans rejoice. To celebrate the premiere of “In The Heights”, Foot Locker, in collaboration with FILA and Warner Bros, is releasing a limited edition sneaker inspired by the film Washington Heights.
To make it an even more chic party, the shoe will be available starting Friday only at the Foot Locker Washington Heights community food store at 605 West 181st Street and online at footlocker.com for $ 75.
The sneaker features design cues that pay homage to Lin-Manuel Miranda’s cinematic version of the Broadway hit, including “El Suenito” and “Paciencia Y Fe” embroidered on each shoe.
“The Washington Heights Community Power Store has a footprint in the community and Foot Locker wanted to honor the residents by offering this exclusive product that celebrates the beauty, creativity and culture of the neighborhood,” said a statement from Foot Locker.
Here are the design notes for the limited edition sneakers:
- Crafted in leather and suede, in a color palette of white, gray, purple, and berry.
- The sneaker’s iconic FILA flag is two-tone in purple and berry tones with the embroidered “In The Heights” logo on the tongue and the FILA logo on the quarter and midsole.
- Translucent outsole where the “In the Heights” logo can be seen underneath.
- The shoe comes with personalized packaging including a special co-branded shoebox and tissue paper.
- The shoe size is available in men and women.
“In The Heights” will headline the opening night of the Tribeca Film Festival on Wednesday night, and hit theaters around the world and on HBO Max on Thursday.