Washing delicate pieces can be a nerve-wracking experience, but using mesh bags to protect them can give you peace of mind and reduce the risk of damage while making it easier to air dry. The best laundry bags for delicates are designed specifically to keep lingerie, stockings, specialty fabrics, and even some shoes safe while washing. And because there is a wide variety of delicate fabrics to wash, there are a wide variety of sizes, shapes and multipacks of wash bags to choose from.
How to Choose Laundry Bags for Delicates
When shopping for laundry bags for delicates, think about the types of clothes you’ll be washing and how you should wash them. Here are some additional things to look for:
- Zipped bags are generally safer than drawstring bags, and they will be less likely to get tangled in the machine. (This is especially true if you happen to wash your delicates in the same load as other loose items.) On zippered bags, make sure they have a zippered head cover – a small elastic or fabric pocket in which the zipper can slide once closed – to avoid any snags or breaks.
- When it comes to washing delicates, plastic bags finer mesh or micro-mesh will help prevent damage and prevent items from snagging.
- Many delicates are not go in the dryer, and some laundry bags are not either. If you know you plan to machine dry some of your items, opt for a laundry bag that is branded specifically to say that it is safe to use in the dryer.
- Think about the size and quantity of your delicate items and get a laundry bag that will fit them with some free space. From small to large (and even laundry bags to bras), there are plenty of sizes to choose from. You can also buy multi-packs which have different sizes sold together.
Shop the best laundry bags for delicates
Press? These are the best laundry bags for delicate clothes.
- The best laundry bags for delicates: Polecasa fine mesh durable laundry bags (6 pieces)
- Honeycomb laundry bags adored by reviewers with over 26,000 ratings: Muchfun Durable Honeycomb Laundry Bags for Delicate Clothes (3 Pcs)
- The best laundry bag with separate compartments: Woolite Four Pocket Zipper Mesh Hosiery Bag
- The best laundry bags for bras: Laundry Science Premium Bra Wash Bag, 3 Pack
- The best laundry bag for washable shoes: SOOHAO Shoe Wash Bags with Bumper Protectors (2 Pack)
Here are some of the best laundry bags for delicates so you can safely wash even your most fragile clothes and keep them looking like new.
1. The best laundry bags for delicate clothes
- Finer mesh bags are great for avoiding snags
- Come in many sizes to wash different items
- Smaller bags for bras are only made with larger honeycomb mesh
- Single bags not available for purchase
These fine mesh laundry bags are available in a range of multipacks so you can safely wash all your delicate items. This pack includes six medium and large single zippered mesh bags, but you can even find sets with barrel bags for bras. They are also tumble dry – just be sure to use the low setting when tumble drying.
A reviewer wrote: “I like that the zipper pulls are protected. They are great in the wash and would be great for separating items in a suitcase. Highly recommend.”
Material: Polyester mesh | Zipper headgear: Yes | Goes in the dryer: Yes | Available sizes and multipacks: 6 sizes in 9 multipacks
2. Honeycomb laundry bags loved by reviewers with over 26,000 reviews
- Available in many styles and multipacks
- Well rated with over 26,000 ratings on Amazon
- Some reviewers report that the mesh can be abrasive in the dryer
These honeycomb laundry bags won an overall rating of 4.7 stars from over 26,000 ratings on Amazon, making them good faith reviews. A few reviewers noted that the mesh can be abrasive in the dryer – but a large majority are happy with these bags, which come in both single bags and multipacks.
A reviewer wrote: “I’m glad I bought the honeycomb mesh laundry bags. They’re durable and the zippers are great. I bought them to wash my silk shirts because the labels said machine washable, but I wanted to making sure the clothes were safe and these mesh laundry bags did not disappoint me I will now be wearing my silk shirts more often rather than hoarding them to take to the laundry mat and leave this hassle behind me !
Material: Polyester mesh | Zipper headgear: Yes | Goes in the dryer: Yes | Available sizes and multipacks: 4 size options in 10 multipacks
3. The best laundry bag with separate compartments
- Reduces the need for multiple bags
- Versatile design can separate bras, underwear and other delicate items
This Woolite toiletry bag is equipped with four zippered compartments and separated by a net so you can separate your delicate items so easily. While you can use it for tons of different small, delicate garments, reviewers specifically report success when using it to wash multiple bras at once and to wash baby socks so they don’t get lost. not among the biggest pieces of laundry.
A reviewer wrote: “It’s great for sorting bras and washing them in the washing machine. I don’t like baggy bras because the hooks get caught on other clothes. I put one in each compartment and throw the bag in the machine. I also like to use it for travel bras and panties in compartments.
Material: Micro-mesh (specific fabric not specified) | Zipper headgear: Yes | Goes in the dryer: Nope Available sizes and multipacks: Unique size
4. Best laundry bags for bras
- Built-in plastic frame helps bras retain their shape
- Mesh size prevents snags
- Only suitable for bras up to G cup
Bras can easily turn into a lumpy, stretchy mess in the wash, but these cylindrical mesh bags make washing them less risky. The bags’ fine mesh is there to prevent snags, and they even have a built-in plastic protective frame to help them retain their shape throughout the process. They come in two sizes: one that fits a D cup and another that fits a G cup.
A reviewer wrote: “A perfect way to wash your bras. Plastic cups protect your bras during washing. My only regret is that I waited so long in my life before buying them! Makes the chore so easy and keeps my bras looking like new. I highly recommend them!”
Material: Nylon micro-mesh | Zipper headgear: Yes | Goes in the dryer: Nope | Available sizes and multipacks: 2 size options in 2 multipacks
5. The best laundry bag for washable shoes
- EVA foam reduces shock and noise
- Bags have straps for hanging shoes to air dry
Make shoe washing less daunting with these shoe wash bags. They’re built with EVA foam bumpers to make the job easier on your machine, not to mention quieter for around the house or laundry room. They’re safe for washing and drying, but the bags also have two straps with snaps that make them super easy to hang if you prefer to air dry your shoes.
A reviewer wrote: “It protects the dryer and sports shoes very well. It’s really nice to wash my sports shoes without that annoying knocking sound.
Material: Nylon mesh and EVA foam | Zipper headgear: Yes | Goes in the dryer: Yes | Available sizes and multipacks: Unique size
About the Recommender
Rachel Dunkel is a business writer whose work appears regularly on sites such as Bustle, Elite Daily, Mic and The Zoe Report. She has four years of experience sourcing, testing and recommending products across a wide range of categories, including housewares and cleaning products.